Our approach ensures that our clients are prepared for their projects before embarking on them.
- Major ERP and enterprise software projects have three or perhaps four primary strategic reasons for their existence. We call this the “strategic why” of the project.
- Do we know clearly what “the strategic why” is?
- Does the strategic why speak to the diminishing of real limitations in the business?
- Will the project serve to improve the competitiveness of the company?
- Do we know who the stakeholders are, both inside and external to the organisation? ERP and business serving enterprise software projects affect the entire value chain within which the company operates. These projects should take into consideration the entire value chain if real strategic business benefit is to be achieved.
- Do we clearly understand the positive and negative perceptions and the business aspirations for all the stakeholders?
- Is the project designed to serve the strategic why and the aspirations of all stakeholders?
- What is the benefits realisation strategy for the project?