A pivotal cornerstone of Onpro Phezulu’s project approach is our emphasis on the formal modelling of Business Requirements, Business Processes, Business Rules, Data and Information requirements. We make use of specialised modelling software and not word processing, slide presentation or diagram drawing tools. We emphasise that system requirements and processes serve the business requirements to ensure that the business purpose of the project remains top of mind throughout the project. This provides:
- A platform for a collaborative approach to business requirements, business processes and business rules discovery. A mechanism of reaching a common understanding and agreement of how things really work, not how we think things work.
- A single version of the “truth” – the ultimate reference guide to the solution and system, and how it works.
- Single source of solution design – change this first and filter down.
- Documentation is generated from the modelling software, version control is absolute, and accuracy and completeness is ensured.
- Test plans and test cases are generated from the modelling software. This ensures that the tests reflect the way the solution was designed, no debating, no guesswork. A defect is really a defect and not subject to interpretation.
- Not all processes within a company are competitive advantage processes. Some processes could be exactly the same as a competitor with zero detrimental impact on the organisation’s ability to compete. Using modelling tools, it is possible to make use of template industry standard processes that are then modified or updated for the specific application. Money, time and effort are not expended on designing and debating processes that are important but that do not contribute to any enhancement of the organisation’s competitive positioning.